While everyone can benefit from lifting weights, older adults can reap even more benefits if they work toward a stronger, healthier body. Having astrong body helps you avoid injuries, falls, pain, and other issues associated with getting older such as reduced muscle mass.
There are many associated benefits of exercise that can offset the effects of ageing on your body, including:
• Increase bone density for healthier, stronger bones.
• Build and maintain muscle strength.
• Improve muscle length.
• Enhance your aerobic capacity, thereby decreasing your work of breathing.
• Manage pain and condition specific symptoms.
• Decrease falls risk by improving your balance.
• Enhance your self-esteem and quality of life.
Hobart PCYC’s Senior Strength Program is a great way for older adults to get started with strength training with a focus on building total-body strength, improving balance, stability, and flexibility,
This class is tailored for seniors and operates under the supervision of Hobart PCYC’s accredited Fitness Instructor.